Monday 5 March 2012

Discoveries

Even when walking around a well known area, you can stumble upon previously hidden things.  While walking along Alexandra Parade, a former client, for whom I had made some panels for his front door, stopped me and asked if I would like to see the skylight in his stair.  Of course I would - and I had my camera with me.
Building at the corner of Alexandra Parade and the suburban railway
The building is not unusually impressive, and the entry to the flats is almost concealed between the shops. Internally, the tiles run all the way to the top - a sure sign of quality in Glasgow - where his flat is.  At the top the arts nouveau cupola is revealed.  It is at the top of the stairwell, using borrowed light from a skylight let into the roof.

Coupla, facing the skylight

One part of the central emblem

Coupla, facing the top right flat
A lovely chance meeting to get updated on each other's lives and for me to get to see a hidden piece of art work.

No comments: