Sunday 18 March 2018

West End Rebuild

I was called out to look at a door panel that had been broken because a delivery person decided to knock on the glass rather than the door frame.  In doing so, he broke one pane and unshipped some others.  The client and I agreed on a price.  In removing it, it became apparent that there were even more broken joints than I noticed initially.  When we got it back to the studio, we began preparations to take it apart and rebuild it.

Beginning the dismantling after taking a rubbing


Placing the dismantled pieces on the rubbing
After the rebuild, we installed the door panel with great success.

Installed door pane from the inside
Re-instated door panel from the outside
The replacement glass is not apparent without close inspection, all the glass is clean and the lead and joints are sound for a few more generations.

2 comments:

Patch Monkey said...

Very informative and useful historical post. I see you have a lot of other cool stuff available at your website, simply bookmarking it to check in spare time. Thanks and keep the good work up.

Unique Gift Idea For Fire

Patch Monkey said...

Great post. I was once checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specially the closing part. I maintain such information much. I was once seeking this specific information for a very long time. Many thanks and best of luck.


Unique Gift Idea For Police