Friday 30 December 2011

Renfrew Town Hall

One more piece of work had to be fitted in before the new year.  

I have been working on various repairs to the leaded glass of the Town Hall since October.  Various work has been required, from simple cleaning of very dirty glass to extensive rebuilding of some small panels.  Protective glazing has been added to the rear entrance, and minor repairs to broken glass have been completed.

As the building neared completion, more glass was broken and needed repairs before handover.  The building company - CBC - needed to hand over the building to Renfrew Town Council before the end of the year.  Unfortunately during the work more glass was broken in the work to finish the entrance area.

So I received an appeal to come to finish the additional repairs before the 31st.


It is now done and I merely have to wait to see if there are snagging issues before I receive my first payment.  The final 5% is to be received a year after completion.  Such is the building trade.

I hope you had a good Christmas and I wish everyone the best for 2012 - I think we are going to need it.

No comments: